We are delighted to see the return of St Andrew’s Football Club in 2016. The club will play in the Sunshine Coast Federation Competition which plays each Saturday morning in Term 2 and Term 3.
Last year was absolutely superb and we are looking to enter teams at U6,U7,U8,U9,U10, U11, U12 and U13 age groups. We are also looking to nominate U12 Girls team, U14/U15 Girls. Hopefully we will see lots of boys and girls playing for St Andrew’s Football Club in 2016.
If you would like to preregister to play Football for St Andrew’s Football Club– please click the link here and we will advise parents how to register officially with the FFA on myfootballclub.com at a later stage.
Initially we are looking to guage interest and formulate teams.
We are delighted to see our super coach Rui Spinola coordinating even more of our coaching in 2016 and more details of his involvement are outlined below. Effectively he will be coaching during our Sport afternoons, each Saturday prior to season start, conducting skills clinics and developing the St Andrew’s Football Academy.
There will be two ‘Come and Try St Andrew’s Football‘ afternoons open to all students
· Boys on Friday 5th February 3.15pm – 4.30pm
· Girls on Friday 29th January– 3.15pm – 4.30pm.
There will be the opportunity to meet our coaching Co-ordinator Rui Spinola.
Training developments for 2016
Our focus for 2016 is to further enhance and increase skill development for all new and returning players to St Andrew’s Football Club.
1. All teams will train each Tuesday afternoon from 3,15pm – 4.30pm commencing on Tuesday 9th February
2. All St Andrew’s players will also train with Rui in their Sport afternoon throughout Term 1 and 2.
· Year 1 and 2 – each Wednesday afternoon – 1.45pm – 3pm
· Year 3 and 4 – each Friday afternoon 1.45pm – 3pm
· Year 5 and 6 – each Monday afternoon 1.45pm – 3pm
· Year 7 and 8 – each Thursday afternoon 1.45pm – 3pm
These sessions will commence in Week 2 of term 1
Rui will be coordinating and coaching all these sessions so that all players / teams can receive 3 coaching sessions per week (skills and team sessions).
3. Rui will holding Free coaching sessions each Saturday morning for all St Andrew’s players – commencing Saturday 30th January until the start of season.
· U6, U7, U8 teams from 8.30am – 10am.
· U9 and older teams from 10am – 11.30am
4. Free coaching skill clinics each Friday afternoon from 3.15pm – 4.15pm – commencing Friday 12th February
5. Holiday Coaching Camp from Monday 18th – Thursday 21st January at St Andrew’s. Register at http://www.atfacademy.com.au/camp/ All St Andrew’s Football club players are encouraged to attend.
The competitive season this year will begin for the College towards the end of Term 1. The season concludes towards the end of August with a break during the June / July holidays. The games are played each Saturday morning and could be played from anytime from 8am and 1pm at a variety of venues from Noosa to Caloundra, dependent on the draw.
Our football families in 2015 were absolutely incredible and we look forward to more of the same in 2016. Clubs and Sport organisations rely on the invaluable help and support of volunteers. The St Andrew’s Football club will again require lots of support. The club is evolving because of the huge interest in Football, so hopefully there is lots of support to get the St Andrew’s Football club progressing in 2016.
We have a St Andrew’s Football Supporters Meeting on Thursday 4th February in the RGC at 5.30pm – all are welcome to come along
For more information or if you have any questions – please contact St Andrew’s Football Club coordinator Steve Robson email@example.com